Monday, September 17, 2007

I licked a chip

I have a confession. I have been wondering what food will taste like after the 30 days are over. I smell it and it smells so good. I have fond memories of what my favorite things taste like. So I did it. I licked a chip. A Wheat Thin Multi-Grain Harvest chip. The chips that I ate before I started the fast and loved. I could have eaten a whole bag in a sitting and probably have a time or two. I saw them. I wanted them. I thought well if I cant eat it then I can lick it and just have the taste of it. I took one out and smelled it. It smelled wonderful. The texture was so nice in my hand. Then I licked it. Then I had to run to the bathroom and brush my teeth! It was like licking play-doh. It was HORRIBLE. It was so salty and just nasty. I cant even imagine what it would have been like to eat it.

Last night we had a store meeting at work and they ordered in food. Pulled BBQ, BBQ chicken breasts, buns, baked beans and coleslaw. For dessert there were brownies and cake. The cake was easy to pass up because the icing looked disgusting. Brownies are my favorite and I love some good BBQ. I wonder what they would have tasted like to me. I have some food allergies so I can tell myself it has those things in it and that usually works for me to not want it.

I keep thinking about my favorite thing to eat. We have an Italian place here called Capri's and they have the best marinated chicken alfredo. I get that with a salad with ranch and then they serve a warm bread that I dip in the leftover dressing. That was my last meal. I want it to be my first but I don't think I will be able to handle such a heavy food right away. I'm kind of sad about that. I miss food. I miss the feeling I used to get from it. I miss being able to go with my best friend Nikki and eat all the time. That's our thing. We go and try new places to eat and often fall back on our favorite, Capri's.

I have to say it is nice thought to be 'freed' from food. Even though I think about it often, its not running my day anymore. I tried on all of old clothes and they fit!!! A size 6!!!! I could wear them out and be comfortable but I want a little more wiggle room in them. Especially when I start eating solid foods again I know some weight will come back. I feel so much like I used to.

OK daily troubles. Its not all good right now. I think I need to up my intake of juice. I didn't have any yesterday and this morning I thought a few times I was going to pass out. I got a V8 Juice and drank that through out the day. I actually still have some left and it was only a 12 ounce bottle. I couldn't handle more than a few sips at a time. Its that way with all the other juices too.

Overall, I feel fine. I have no more headaches. I can't believe I have made it this far! I also can't believe I have gone this long without chocolate. And everyone around me is still living.

3 comments:

Trish ~CnJ's Mommy~ said...

OMG (insert shocked look) You licked a chip! Was that before or after work...Hummm were you holding out on me?

You're doing great...but be careful. Dehydration is very hard on the body, make sure you're drinking enough fluids.

{{hugs}} See ya tomorrow!

Trish ~CnJ's Mommy~ said...

Hey girlie...you ok?

Trish ~CnJ's Mommy~ said...

You really need to start doing more then licking a chip!